How to Compete with Multiple Offers Creatively

Chris Prefontaine explains how to respond when sellers claim multiple offers. Before reacting, verify the offers are real and ask targeted questions about what matters most: price, cash, or speed. Structure your own deal with owner financing while you wait for clarity, and set a timeline before moving forward.
Chapters
Because you'd rather have a conventional deal, right?
Yeah. Yeah.
All right. Just call me next week and let me know what's up. So it's the same logic, but someone says, I have an offer, and she probably doesn't. So now you just wait that out. I would not submit an offer. I'll structure your deal today, but I would not submit anything to her.
I was just going to see if we could pick mine up now on this 949 Lenox. I just got a Text from her that she has another offer that's in that she's leaning towards taking. So I told her that we were looking at finances right now on it and certainly would tell her if I could, if you know, if we couldn't get to the offer level that she's at.
So okay, now I didn't hear the call yesterday, so everybody can chime in here. But my knee jerk on that is whether she truly has an offer or not.
I'm interested. Yeah, me too.
So my knee jerk given that would be more along the lines of, and it's a simple question for her. Okay, well, let me ask this because I don't want to waste your time or hours. If I'm going to come in at about your price or maybe a smidge higher, are you more apt to take that? Or if somebody came in at full price cash tomorrow, you're more apt to take that? And if she says the latter, you wait.
Okay.
It's just like someone says, I have an open house. Okay, you got to come over. I have an open house. No, just let me know if it sells because you'd rather have a conventional deal, right?
Yeah. Yeah. All right.
Just Call me next week and let me know. So, so it's the same logic. But someone says I have an offer and she probably doesn't. So now you just wait that out. I would not submit an offer. I'll structure your deal today, but I would not submit anything to her.
Probably.
All right. That was the call we did yesterday. Yeah.
Yeah. So she said in the call she had 80 offers and now she's saying she's got one. Oh, that lady.
Oh, okay. All right. I did hear that call. Sorry. All right. So Sub to owner financing? Yeah. All right, let's, let's do that. You guys good with squeezing this in? And you good with a little shorter lunch? Because we got— I think we have Death Eater coming at 1. I think this is the one. Wasn't she in arrears but she didn't say anything, Steve?
No, I don't think she's in arrears. Um, she's got—
I think it said that. I can't remember what the lease— that was Victorian, dude. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah.
I think it's different. I mean, this is, you know, got a— this is a million dollar give or take home. She's got $278,000 of outstanding debt.
This is actually outside of the country, right?
Yeah, yeah. She's, she's the one who was actually in the country the other day.
Steve, did you tape that call? Yep, I did. You did?
Yeah.
You didn't— I gave Steve— Steve, post it in the Apprentice channel please for these guys, or if you can't, Have Sue do it for you.
Post it.
What? Yeah, that was in the Apprentice channel and the Scripts channel because they don't have access to the channel. Not sure where to get started? Go to smartrealestatecoach.com/getgoing for free books, strategy calls, and a whole bunch more. We're going to help you get going the wicked smart way. We've been after this for over a decade doing exactly that. Guys, this is simple. We can do the 3 paydays separate, but as far as him getting an offer to her, if he wants to do that today, please don't. No, I can't.
She's under listing right now.
So that any— oh yeah, she can anyway. Okay, so you're going to wait till the 15th anyway?
Yeah, exactly.
All right.
But I know I heard a hint to her.
More from Chris

Episode 575: Redefining Retirement as the Day All Your Choices Open Up with Doug Bennett









